Thursday, December 28, 2017

Resting Up

So far, I've been able to resist the urge and not run, but mentally and emotionally, it just doesn't feel right. I love to be outside in the fresh air and see that blue sky and listen to all the sounds of nature. My self-imposed "rest time" from December 18 to the end of year is important, though. I can tell that my oft-injured left hip/groin area is getting better. I've been doing daily stretches and some strength training, and certain movements that hurt ten days ago no longer do. That gives me hope for the new year. These last two weeks of December have been very cold (some days never got above zero) in northern Wisconsin. Hopefully, Mother Nature will get most of the super cold days out of her system by the start of January when I will be running again.

No comments:

Post a Comment