Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Trying for 5K PR in August 2017

This month is almost a third done already, but I've decided to try to beat my 5K PR. I don't have a specific date in mind. I'm just going to run for 30 minutes every day, and if I start out good and feel lucky, I'm going to go for it. The 5K run is challenging. And setting a new PR is difficult and exhausting, because every part of the race needs to be just about perfect. I can't mess up the first mile and hope to bring it back to good, because there just isn't enough mileage to make up for mistakes. In a longer run, I can make a mistake and have a slow mile, and probably make it up somewhere later. But in the 5K, I need to burst out of the gate from the get-go. We'll see how this goes. I'm still nursing my on-going left groin tendon injury and my new left torso soreness, so most of my runs so far this month have been slower to aid in recovery.

Current 5K PR set on August 31, 2016:

Total Distance: 3.10 miles
Total Time: 22m 37s
Avg Pace: 7:18 min/mile
1st mile: 7:09.1
2nd mile: 7:21.4
3rd mile: 7:28.2
Last .10: 0:38.6

No comments:

Post a Comment