Thursday, August 31, 2017

One More Goal - Going for 1,000 Miles in 2017

Okay, well, with my running streak over, I've decided to concentrate on hitting another milestone. I currently have 687.58 miles in 2017. I have decided to set a new goal and try for 1,000 miles total this year.

So, with 312.42 miles to go and exactly 4 months left (starting tomorrow, Sept 1st), I need to average 78.11 miles per month to get to 1,000.

In other words, I have 122 days left. I need to average 2.56 miles per day. On the surface, this seems pretty simple and straightforward. However, this is rural Wisconsin. This is fall and winter time. This is not ideal. Unless we have an abundance of abnormally warm days and little snow, I will be forced to get my mileage by running in the frozen tundra. We'll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment