Thursday, August 10, 2017

New 5K PR

Hmm, well, that did not take long. One day later. One run later. New 5K PR. I wasn't trying to do anything other than just run fast for the first third of the first mile. I looked at my watch and unbelievably my mile pace was 6:47, so I figured this might be a good chance to set a new PR. I kept my arms pumping and kept breathing in and out the best I could. However, I slowed down as the miles dragged on. My breathing got all jumbled up, and I probably sounded like a hundred year old chain smoker at the end of the run. These tribulations were inevitable, though, and at points during the second and third mile, I was really, really wishing it was all over. I really wanted to be done. But I was mentally prepared for those doubts. I was prepared to keep going even though running at that pace was uncomfortable and hard. I was able to hang on, and I'm happy to shout out that I destroyed my old record. Just crushed it by 53 seconds. That feels good.

New 5K PR set on August 10, 2017:

Total Distance: 3.10 miles
Total Time: 21m 44s
Avg Pace: 7:01 min/mile
1st mile: 6:54.3
2nd mile: 7:00.1
3rd mile: 7:08.9
Last .10: 0:40.5

No comments:

Post a Comment