Sunday, August 6, 2017

Do You Like Instant Running Injuries?

Have you ever had an instant injury in the middle of your back just from running? You haven't? Well, what are you waiting for? I got one! It is exciting. And fun. It really makes you smile. It happened two days ago. I was running around my loop, and at exactly 1.92 miles, the left side of my middle back exploded in agony. Every step I took sent lightning strikes up and down my left side. I immediately stopped and walked for a bit. Walking is okay, but I could not shake off the injury. Sitting down is fine, but any kind of trunk rotation to the left or right brings the pain. Now, a few days later, the soreness and pain is still there. I either tweaked a band of back muscle around my left ribs or one of those invisible Loop Trolls hit me with its +6 pain hammer. You know, standard fantasy character stuff. Well, whatever, I'm hobbled for a bit. Have I stopped running? Um, no. The very next day I was able to run 4.72 miles without aggravating my back any worse, but I had to walk the last .28 to get 5 miles. I haven't gone out yet today, but we'll see. But I should, right? Maybe one of those invisible Loop Elf Clerics will hit me a +27 pain reducer spell today.

No comments:

Post a Comment