Thursday, May 11, 2017

5K per Day in May

I am trying to average a 5K (3.1 miles) every single day in the month of May. This is day 11 and I have 32.42 miles total, which gives me 2.95 miles average per day. So, I am behind my goal right now. However, this is including one missed day (May 1st) due to tiredness. I had run a total of 28 miles over the prior 3 days to reach a different goal in April.

So, overall I am happy with my current May progress. I'm pretty sure I'll be able to get this done, and most likely my daily average will be comfortably over the 5K mark.

Assuming I can accomplish this current goal, my next goal will be to average a 4 Mile Run every single day in June. And assuming I get that done, I would like to average a 10K (6.2 miles) every single day in July. (Edit on 5/28/2017: I changed my mind. Instead of the 10K per day in July, I will plan to run 45 minutes/day at no more than a 9:00 minute mile pace to get 5 miles per day. My goal will to run for 24 total hours in July and accumulate 155 miles.)

We will see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment