Sunday, April 10, 2011

Non-Fiction YA Book - Scams!

My daughter brought home a non-fiction young adult book from the library a few days ago called Scams! (True Stories from the Edge). It had an interesting War of the Worlds cover image, so I thought I'd give it a little look-see. Well, within a few minutes I was enthralled, and a  few hours later, I was done reading it. The book is full of exciting and unique true stories about the world's greatest scam artists - deceivers who pull off the most fantastic plots and the mass of people that fall for it. I really like stories of this nature, and the author, Andres Schroeder, has produced a well-written and entertaining book. There are several more books in the series, and I can't wait to check them out.

2 comments:

  1. Ha!. Manley, when I read the title of the post, I thought you were going in completely a different direction.

    Why is it that stories about our foibles gain so much traction? (Note to self: never watch reality TV.) Maybe it's the same sense of impending doom that causes our fascination with car wrecks.

    Oh, well. Thanks for a post with a twist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LoL, Tony. Yeah, the post's title was a little ambiguous. But, seriously, it was a great book. I just finished Tunnels (in the same series) and am currently reading Escapes. I really like them all because they are so well-written and entertaining.

    ReplyDelete